ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This three-day virtual student summit with the Today’s Students Coalition, Young Invincibles and LeadMN will offer you the opportunity to meet with your representatives in Congress and equip you with the tools to uplift student voices in the halls of the Capitol. We’ll focus on how to make college accessible and affordable, address racial equity, and ensure that student basic needs are being met.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Explore our nations capitol
- Meet with members of congress and staffers
- Learn tips on how to hold effective meetings with politicians
- Play the legislative training game
- Learn how to tell your story effectively
- Collaborate with national partners in higher education
Location & Lodging
Hyatt Place Georgetown
2121 M St NW,
Washington, DC 20037
Guests may also call (202)-838-222 and press 3 for reservations. The block code is SMMT.
Or you can make your reservation online here.
- Booking of flights is the sole responsibility of the campus; LeadMN does NOT book flights for any conference attendee.
- Students are REQUIRED to attend advocacy day in order to attend the DC Summit.
- Only two students per campus may attend.
If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out to Brandon Boat, Manager of Program and Events, at BBoat@leadmn.org.
Accessibility and Accommodations
We're committed to making sure that every attendee is able to attend the conference as their full self. If you require any accommodations at the conference, please contact Mameneh at firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your needs. Check out our Accessibility Statement for more information.
Vaccines and Masks
When attending a LeadMN conference, students need to wear a mask while indoors. You may remove the mask when eating and drinking or presenting. Students are strongly encouraged to get the two Covid-19 vaccinations and the booster.