Students United and LeadMN partnered to create the McCormick Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship program honors the work of Chancellor James and Dr. Maryan McCormick, and provides financial support to students who demonstrate leadership in academics, extracurricular activities and community service.
Minnesota State undergraduate students with a 3.0 G.P.A. will automatically be considered for both the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship and the McCormick Leadership Endowed Scholarship. Graduate students submitting an application will be considered for the McCormick Leadership Endowed Scholarship and the Linda Olson Memorial Scholarship.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Demonstrates leadership in academics, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Have a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- PSEO students are ineligible for the McCormick Leadership Endowed Scholarship.
- Complete and submit the online application by November 1 at 11:59 PM. This $1,500 scholarship is awarded for the spring semester only. (The application for the McCormick Leadership Endowed Scholarship is the same as the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship.)
- Submit your typed responses to the following essay questions, which should be between 300 and 750 words in length each:
- What does leadership mean to you?
- What leadership skills do you have and how have you used them in your education, community, and employment?
- What a college education means to you and how this scholarship will help you succeed.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a community, campus, or organization leader who can discuss your leadership skills.
- Submit a copy of your school unofficial transcript.
- Submit a leadership resume citing your skills and how you used these skills, and specific leadership roles you have held, including examples of improvement or promotions.