Mr. Warren H. Robens and Mr. Henry P. Dembiczak shared a commitment to the communities where they were raised and where they lived. They also shared a strong commitment to higher education with a passion for technical education. This scholarship was created to provide support for students enrolled in a course of study within Minnesota State or in any post-secondary education course of study at an accredited Minnesota institution.
- The recipient must have graduated from a Minnesota high school,
- For the LeadMN Free College Scholarship-Henry P. Dembiczak Scholarship,
- Special preference will be given to graduates of Greenbush Middle River School District.
- Preference is given to applicants who reside in Ramsey or Roseau counties.
- Preference is given to applicants enrolled in a technical course of study.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference is given to students demonstrating financial need.
- PSEO and graduate students are ineligible.
- Submit a letter of application/personal letter. In this letter describe your:
- Academic goals
- Career goals, and
- Personal goals
- Submit a separate statement of need (describe why you need this scholarship).
- Complete three essays addressing (300-word minimum - 750-word maximum):
- "What a college education means to you and how this scholarship will help you succeed."
- "How do you see yourself making a positive impact in the future by receiving this scholarship?"
- "How you are living out these four LeadMN core values."
- Submit one letter of recommendation from college staff.
- Submit a copy of your college unofficial transcript.
Contact LeadMN Associate Development Officer/Scholarship Manager Joyce Petsch at 651-203-9464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.