Position Purpose: Do you love building relationships and empowering people to get involved? Use your passion for equity to help LeadMN address the opportunity gap that exists for community and technical college students.
LeadMN connects college students for change. We represent the 180,000 two-year college students in Minnesota to help them transform their lives and their communities. Our students LeadMN by developing leadership skills to realize their potential, see beyond what they thought was possible for personal success, and to drive community-wide change.
The Manager of Equity and Inclusion will lead the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives which will support LeadMN’s equity plan. Through research and community engagement the Manager of Equity and Inclusion will lead policy initiatives that seek to address the opportunity gap that exists for black, indigenous and students of color as well as other marginalized students within the Minnesota State system. The Manager will design training initiatives on cultural competency, gender equality, disability justice, anti-sexual harassment, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of equitable and inclusive values.
Position Responsibilities: The Equity and Inclusion Manager position shall report to the Executive Director. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the work of the Equity and Inclusion campaign.
- Recruit, train, and support students of color to be actively engaged in LeadMN.
- Manage the equity and inclusion interns as they work to execute the initiatives of the campaign.
- Research, track, and report on federal and state higher education policy issues around the opportunity gap.
- Identify, develop, and work with coalition partners that support our mission.
- Develop training programs to help students build their cultural competency.
- Represents LeadMN on key Minnesota State committees.
- Attend higher education policy meetings, conferences, and trainings. We host 6 leadership conferences a year that are held on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be able to quickly solve any issue that may arise through effective problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop and implement concrete goals based on critical thinking about equity and inclusion.
- Passionate about higher education in Minnesota and developing student leaders across the state.
- Highly organized and responsible self-starter with the ability to identify new opportunities, while effectively utilizing existing resources.
- Effective communicator. Values and fosters open communication uses and understands the importance of active listening skills, and is an effective public speaker with above average writing skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment; willingness to pitch in to help others; able to handle high-stress situations.
- Values self-improvement; able to accept praise and critical feedback and seeks evaluation.
- Collaborates with other colleagues, volunteers, and community members to do high-quality organizing work.
- Proven ability and willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends, and to maintain a flexible schedule.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation and physical ability is an important institutional value.
Education: B.S. or B.A. degree is required.
An average work week will consist of 40 hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required, including offsite meetings outside of the metro area.
Salary offered: $45,000 – $52,000 annual salary. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Benefits offered: Medical, HSA plan, dental, life insurance, long term disability, paid holidays, personal leave, paid time off, compensatory time, retirement plan with employer match, and cell phone reimbursement.
TO APPLY for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.