Upon Morris J. Anderson’s retirement as Chancellor of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Mr. Anderson’s colleagues and friends established an endowed fund to recognize his outstanding contribution to education in Minnesota, especially his support of technical education. This scholarship was created to provide scholarship support to students enrolled in a technical program at one of the technical or consolidated colleges within Minnesota State.
- Be enrolled in a technical program at one of the technical or consolidated colleges within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
- Have a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need and who show great promise.
- This scholarship may be renewed provided the recipient meets the minimum academic standards as determined by the college president.
- Complete and submit online application by April 1 at 11:59 PM. This $500 scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester.
- Submit letter of application/personal letter. In this letter describe your:
- Academic goals,
- Career goals, and
- Personal goals.
- Submit a statement of need (describe why you need this scholarship).
- One letter of recommendation from college staff.
- A copy of your school transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).