During Trustee Emeritus Christine Rice’s tenure as a Trustee for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees, she was made aware of the importance scholarships played in students’ lives. Therefore, Trustee Emeritus Rice has established an annual scholarship with LeadMN, specifically intended for single mothers enrolled in a health-oriented field at one of the Minnesota State two-year colleges. Trustee Emeritus Rice is passionate about public education and, as a scholarship recipient herself, understands the value of helping ease the financial burden for students.
- Be a single female with one or more children.
- Be enrolled at one of the Minnesota State two-year colleges.
- Be enrolled in a health-oriented degree program.
- Be enrolled part-time or full-time.
- Can demonstrate financial need.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
This scholarship is renewable provided the recipients maintain their GPA and continues in a health-oriented degree program. To renew, the current recipient will submit to email@example.com a current unofficial transcript during the scholarship enrollment period for the fall semester (November 2-April 1).
Graduate and PSEO students are ineligible.
- Complete and submit online application by April 1 at 11:59 PM.
- Four $1,250 scholarships will be awarded for the fall semester.
- Submit letter of application/personal letter. In this letter describe your:
- Academic goals,
- Career goals, and
- Personal goals.
- Submit a statement of need (describe why you need this scholarship).
- One letter of recommendation from college staff.
- A copy of your school transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).