During Trustee Emeritus Christine Rice’s tenure as a Trustee for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees, she was made aware of the importance scholarships played in students’ lives. Therefore, Trustee Emeritus Rice has established an annual scholarship with LeadMN, specifically intended for women enrolled in a health-oriented field at one of the Minnesota State two-year colleges. Trustee Emeritus Rice is passionate about public education and, as a scholarship recipient herself, understands the value of helping ease the financial burden for students.
- Be a woman.
- Be enrolled at one of the Minnesota State two-year colleges.
- Be enrolled in a health-oriented degree program.
- Be enrolled part-time or full-time.
- Can demonstrate financial need.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
This scholarship is renewable provided the recipients maintain their GPA and continues in a health-oriented degree program. To renew, the current recipient will submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a current unofficial transcript during the scholarship enrollment period from the fall semester (November 2-April 1).
Graduate and PSEO students are ineligible.
- Complete and submit the online application by April 1 at 11:59 PM.
- Submit a letter of application/personal letter. In this letter describe your:
- Academic goals,
- Career goals, and
- Personal goals.
- Submit a seperate statement of need (describe why you need this scholarship).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from college staff.
- Submit a copy of your school unofficial transcript.