What You Need to Know
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing COVID-19 disease, especially severe illness and death.
- COVID-19 vaccines reduce the risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- You may have side effects after vaccination. These are normal and should go away in a few days.
- It typically takes 2 weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. You are not fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after the second dose of a 2-dose vaccine or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Learn how to find a COVID-19 vaccine so you can get it as soon as you can.
How we know that the vaccine is safe