Students United and LeadMN partnered to create the McCormick Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship program honors the work of Chancellor James and Dr. Maryan McCormick, and provides financial support to students who demonstrate leadership in academics, extracurricular activities and community service.
Minnesota State undergraduate students with a 3.0 G.P.A. will automatically be considered for both the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship and the McCormick Leadership Scholarship. Graduate students submitting an application will be considered for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship and the Linda Olson Memorial Scholarship.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Demonstrates leadership in academics, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Have a grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- PSEO students are ineligible for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship.
- Complete and submit the online application by November 1 at 11:59 PM. This $1,500 scholarship is awarded for the spring semester only. (The application for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship is the same as the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship.)
- Submit your typed responses to the following essay questions, which should be between 300 and 750 words in length each:
- What does leadership mean to you?
- What leadership skills do you have and how have you used them in your education, community, and employment?
- What are your educational and career goals?
- How would this scholarship help you to continue to grow as a leader now, and in the future?
- Submit two letters of recommendation from community, campus, or organization leaders who can discuss your leadership skills.
- Submit a copy of your school unofficial transcript.
- Submit a leadership resume citing your skills and how you used these skills, and specific leadership roles you have held, including examples of improvement or promotions.