LeadMN Scholarships Awarded for the 2021 Spring Semester!
LeadMN is excited to announce that thirty deserving students have been selected to receive a LeadMN scholarship for the 2021 Spring Semester, totaling $23,000.
McCormick Leadership Scholarship
Elizabeth (Liz) Bloch, Mesabi Range College – Virginia was selected to receive this scholarship. Liz received her AA in Liberal Arts in the 2020 spring and is continuing her education in Cultural Anthropology. Her leadership involvement includes being very involved first on her campus with the Student Senate to becoming LeadMN’s public relations coordinator and was on several Minnesota State committees but also has been very active with several community groups such as being the director of the Northern Stage Works theatre board, attended a Blandin Foundation’s Community Leadership Retreat and volunteered to plan and promote several community events.
LeadMN Leadership Scholarship
- Miche'le Cortinas, Minneapolis Community and Technical College. Miche’le is pursuing an Associates of Science degree in Addiction Counseling and is very active on campus with the addiction counseling club and the collegiate recovery program as well as being active in the community as a community advocate and volunteer for the Minnesota Recovery Connection.
- Rachel Frost, Inver Hills Community College. Rachel’s leadership qualities have been shown through her teaching of English as a Second Language in Russia, an institute in Sioux Falls, South Dakota; through her coordinating several camps in Taiwan and Japan as well as volunteering at several nonprofit organizations.
- Brigetta Klemek, St. Cloud Technical and Community College. After being a “stay at home” mom for 25 years of which time she was the Mayor of Cold Spring and taught an English class in China, Brigetta decided it was time to re-join the workforce. Brigetta’s goal is to earn a degree in public health and social work.
- Gabrielle Koepke, Minnesota State University, Mankato. Gabrielle is pursing an engineering degree which began at age 16 when she attended the Iron Range Engineering program. Currently she is the president of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers student chapter.
- Dante Langmade, Hennepin Technical College - Brooklyn Park. Dante is pursuing a medicinal plant biologist and mycologist degree. He is currently the president of the college’s Landscape and Horticulture Club.
- Jennifer Race, Century College. Jennifer is pursuing an associate's degree in business administration and will graduate in Spring 2021, plans to continue at Century College to earn her Associates of Arts. Jennifer has been a peer tutor on campus and several community volunteer positions has been a coodinator and organizer for United Way, a donor ambassador with the American Red Cross and an eMentor for Best Prep..
Linda Olson Memorial Scholarship
Katie Subra, St. Cloud State University. Katie’s long-term goal is to obtain an Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration. She has been involved with the English Language Programs and writing grants for special programs at Winona State University.
Morrie Anderson Endowed Scholarship
John Williams, Hennepin Technical College - Brooklyn Park. John is pursuing a fluid power degree.
John Kenneth Niemi Memorial Tool Fund Scholarship ·
Jordan Lake, Minnesota State Community and Technical College – Wadena. Jordan is pursuing a degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
John and Kathryn O’Brien Endowed Scholarship
Pricilia Gingir, Minnesota State Community and Technical College – Moorhead. Pricilia and her family are from Cameroon. She is pursuing a degree in information technology.
Warren H. Robens and Henry P. Dembiczak Endowed Scholarship
This group of students attended a high school in Minnesota. Preference was given to those graduating from a high school in either Ramsey or Roseau counties and are pursuing a technical degree. ·
- Antonella Cardoso, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Katherine Do, Normandale Community College
- Charles Georgi, Bemidji State University
- Samantha Peterson, Hibbing Community College
- Megan Schneider, Alexandria Technical and Community College
Mark M. Welter 100% American Scholarship
The students receiving this scholarship are interested in American’s ethnic diversity. This scholarship provides students an opportunity to provide their thoughts and words of what it means to be “The 100% American.”
- Naomi Beske, Minnesota State University Moorhead
- DeAnn Boe, Northland Community and Technical College - Thief River Falls
- Caroline Camejo Martir, Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Coon Rapids · Anthony Carlson, Bemidji State University · Emily Holler, Bemidji State University
- Ariel Holtgard, Hibbing Community College
- Anna Kivisto, Century College
- Jesus Lopez, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Desiree Moldenhauer, Metropolitan State University
- Justine Pratcshler, Northland Community and Technical College - Thief River Falls
- Mohannad Rayani, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Kaitlynn VanGuilder, Pine Technical and Community College
- Madison Witte, Northland Community and Technical College - East Grand Forks
- Vana Yang, Century College