Who we are:
LeadMN – college students connecting for change – represents Minnesota’s 100,000+ two-year community and technical college students. Our mission is to break down barriers by empowering two-year college students to become strong leaders, engaged community members, and successful professionals.
LeadMN Get out the Vote (GOTV) outreach plan will consist of engaging with community & technical colleges across Minnesota. With hundreds of new students every year at over 48 campuses in the state, it’s imperative that we educate and encourage them to actively participate in the electoral process. The intern will work with volunteers to engage students in pledge drives, community outreach, and voter registration initiatives. They will work closely with LeadMN staff to engage students and community members in our GOTV campaign. We are looking for three interns that are passionate about civic engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This internship is designed for individuals that are interested in learning more about how to create positive change in their communities. It requires the ability to work independently and the motivation to try new tactics. The position consists of hands-on experience and will provide a valuable leadership opportunity. Here are some of the expectations:
1. Recruit student volunteers
2. Work with the Outreach team to engage with campus registrars to acquire lists of class times& location and professors contact information
3. Assist in organizing national voter registration day events
4. Execute outreach campus plan, which will include but is not limited to- pledge drives for voter registration, commit to be counted, and class raps and campus events
5. Manage registrations and pledges for assigned events
6. Schedule meetings between LeadMN staff and campus faculty when needed
1. Highly organized and responsible self-starter with the ability to identify new opportunities, while effectively utilizing existing resources
2. Effective communicator. Values and fosters open communication; uses and understands the importance of active listening skills and is an effective public speaker
3. Experience working in a multi-cultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical ability is an important institutional value
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
5. Ability to travel as needed to perform internship duties
Work Schedule/Time Commitment:
Average weekly hours will vary from 10 – 15 hours between 8:30-5:00pm. Intern wilbe required to pick two to three days during the week for a fixed schedule.
Compensation: This is a nine-month position at $16.00 per hour.
Application Deadline: Application will be view on an ongoing basis.
Responsible to: Lead Organizer
To apply for this internship: Please send a cover letter and resume to the Outreach Manager Fatu Magassouba at email@example.com.If you have any questions, call 651-203-9452.