Who we are:
LeadMN – college students connecting for change – represents Minnesota’s 100,000+ two-year community and technical college students. Our mission is to break down barriers by empowering two-year college students to become strong leaders, engaged community members, and successful professionals. For the last 20 years we have elevated the voices of students on their campuses, in the system office and at the capitol to drive reforms to higher education around making college affordable, addressing the opportunity gap, and ensuring that students basic needs are being met.
Do you have a passion for graphic design? Do you love telling a visual story? Use your creative skills to help us communicate with community and technical college students as we develop the next generation of leaders in Minnesota.
The Communication Coordinator position will be responsible for telling the LeadMN story to help us recruit and engage the 100,000 student members of LeadMN. A great candidate must love working with students and thrive in a mentorship role.
The Communication Coordinator position shall report to the Executive Director. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
Content Creation and Management (50%)
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and electronic content including, but not limited to the annual report, brochures, presentations, newsletters, and reports.
- Generate engaging digital content for LeadMN’s website, social media and email channels that leads to measurable action.
- Create and manage a social media calendar, managing the flow of posts from ideation to publication and dissemination
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts.
Manage Communication with Internal Stakeholders (50%)
- Develop, implement, and evaluate mass communication strategies with key internal stakeholders. This includes managing two monthly newsletters to students and partners.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events, and donor cultivation.
- Support the communication efforts of the various project teams: basic needs, equity, and programming.
- A strong design sense, with an aptitude for the visual components of storytelling
- An orientation toward teamwork and strong people skills, including knowing how to move projects forward in a collaborative manner
- Strong editorial judgment, anchored in a sense of story and knowledge of audiences
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot any issue that may arise through effective problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation and physical ability is an important institutional value
- Passionate about higher education in Minnesota and developing student leaders across the state
- Highly organized and responsible self-starter with the ability to identify new opportunities, while effectively utilizing existing resources
- Effective communicator. Values and fosters open communication, understands the importance of active listening skills, and is an effective public speaker with above-average writing skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment; willingness to pitch in to help others; able to handle high-stress situations
- Values self-improvement; able to accept praise and critical feedback and seeks evaluation
- Inspires other colleagues, volunteers, and community members to do high-quality organizing work
Associates degree required.
An average work week will consist of 40 hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required, including offsite meetings outside of the metro area.
Salary range: $38,000 – $43,000
Benefits offered: Medical, HSA plan, dental, life insurance, long term disability, paid holidays, personal leave, paid time off, compensatory time, and retirement plan with employer match.
TO APPLY for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.