Are you interested in Higher Education? Want to gain hands-on experience shaping policy and procedures? Interested in being a voice for positive change in the lives of your fellow community and technical college students?
Apply to be a LeadMN endorsed candidate for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State) Board of Trustees!
Appointed by the Governor of Minnesota, the 15-member Board of Trustees oversees the Minnesota State system. The Board is empowered to prescribe conditions for Minnesota State admissions, set tuition and fee schedules, approve academic programs, award certificates and diplomas, enter into contracts, and adopt suitable policies for the institutions it governs.
Of its 15 members, the Board reserves two slots for trustees representing community and technical college students.
How to Apply
Complete the application form, and submit your resume and cover letter. For full consideration, applications are due by 11:59 pm on Friday, March 31. Those selected will be invited to interview with LeadMN.
- Passionate, dedicated advocate of student interests
- Current student attending a Minnesota State college through the 2018-2019 school year
- Committed to maintaining an open line of communication with LeadMN staff and cabinet during Board appointment
- One 2-day meeting per month at Minnesota State
- 5 hours per week of outreach and research
- Monthly prep meeting with LeadMN staff and cabinet
- Preview of the Board’s 2018-2019 schedule
$55 per day per diem plus expenses, when approved by the Board
To learn more about the Minnesota State Board of Trustees, please visit the Board’s website. If you have any other questions, contact LeadMN Policy Manager Marco Lanz at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vice President Cecilia Damian at email@example.com.