Are you a passionate about building a talented team? Are you a detail-oriented person that enjoys designing systems and structures that work for a modern nonprofit?
Use your skills to create an inspiring team environment that empowers our student leaders to have their voice heard. Our expanding team is looking for the right person to help our organization continue to evolve as we support students from traditionally underrepresented communities to become the next generation of great leaders.
LeadMN represents 180,000 two-year college students that come to Minnesota from every corner of the world to transform their lives and their communities. The American Dream has long been a symbol of achieving success. For far too many Minnesotans, the path to this dream is impeded due to systematic barriers. At LeadMN we break down those barriers by empowering two-year college students to become strong leaders, engaged community members, and successful professionals. A key step to rebuilding the American Dream for two-year college students is giving them the skills to vote and be engaged citizens so they can advocate for the future that they want to see.
The Associate Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization and lead special projects around policy or student development that are of critical importance to the organization. This position will support the organization’s efforts to advance higher education policy objectives of the association at the Minnesota State system level, and support LeadMN leadership development activities through training and mentorship. A great candidate must love working with students and thrive in a mentorship role.
The Associate Director will report to the Executive Director. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create an inspiring team environment that supports the unique skills of each team member and student leaders
- Oversee LeadMN day-to-day operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Manage special projects to support LeadMN’s strategic plan
- Attend higher education policy meetings, conferences and trainings. We host 6 leadership conferences a year that are held on weekends.
- Support the development of student leaders from historically underrepresented communities, including but not limited to students of color, at our conferences and trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in executive leadership position
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Demonstrated commitment and history of working with diverse student and community populations.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Successful record of both collaborative and independent work
Education: B.S. or B.A. degree is required.
An average work week will consist of 40 hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required, including offsite meetings outside of the metro area.
Salary offered: Annual starting salary is $50,000 - $60,000
Benefits offered: Medical, HSA plan, dental, life insurance, long term disability, paid holidays, personal leave, paid time off, compensatory time, retirement plan with employer match, and cell phone reimbursement.
Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.