Students United and LeadMN have partnered to create the McCormick Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship program honors the work of Chancellor James and Dr. Maryan McCormick, and provides financial support to students who demonstrate leadership in academics, extracurricular activities and community service.
Undergraduate students attending Minnesota State colleges and universities will automatically be considered for both the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship and the McCormick Leadership scholarship upon submitting their application. Graduate students submitting an application will be considered only for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship.
The McCormick Leadership Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate leadership in academics, extracurricular activities and community service. PSEO students are ineligible for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship.
- Complete and submit online application by November 1. This scholarship will be awarded for the spring semester only. (The application for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship is the same as the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship.)
- Submit your typed responses to the following essay questions, which should be between 300 and 750 words in length each:
- What leadership skills do you have and how have you used them in your education, community and employment?
- What does leadership mean to you?
- What are your educational and career goals?
- How would this scholarship help you to continue to grow as a leader now, and in the future?
- Two letters of recommendation from community, campus, or organization leaders who can discuss your leadership skills (at least one letter should be from a peer).
- A copy of your school transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
- A résumé detailing specific leadership roles you’ve held.